From: Alice Wonder
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:49 AM
To: postfix-users@postfix.org
Subject: Re: TLD blocking revisited

On 09/19/2016 05:29 PM, li...@lazygranch.com wrote:
> The last time TLD blocking came up, the consensus of the hive was not
> to block based on TLD. (You may recall .xyz being used by
> Alphabet.) However lately I'm getting a ridiculous number of .stream
> SPAM coming through. The RBLs are getting about half.

I don't block by TLD but I do have a single mail server that breaks the
RFC by rejecting any mail not sent via STARTTLS and interestingly is
doesn't get much spam at all.

Seems a lot of spammers don't bother with TLS while most legitimate mail
does.

Maybe (for now) that's a better metric?

Legitimate mail that doesn't use TLS tends to be blog notifications, for
what its worth.