>>>>> "Matus" == Matus UHLAR <- fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>> writes:

Matus> On 26.07.18 13:38, Luc Pardon wrote:
> [...]

Matus> is it really dynamic? Was the previous one dynamic?
Matus> If not, ask them to assign you a DNS name that does NOT look like dynamic
Matus> (and is not listed in dynamic dns blacklists).

Matus> Wietse told you the rest. Imho there's no point in playing with what you
Matus> propose inatead of fixing the IP reputation.

Matus> On 26.07.18 11:14, John Stoffel wrote:
>> Or do what I do and spin up a Digital Ocean droplet for $6/mo that
>> lets me run postfix/dovecot and my own domain (DNS costs extra, of
>> course) to handle all my email needs for my private domain.

Matus> or do what I do and have own dedicated server in ISP's hosting centre
Matus> running own services...

*grin*  That too!

Matus> well, everyone has their possibilities.  if an ISP forces aDSL
Matus> user to vDSL, they should take care of things like blacklists
Matus> and DNS records.

Matus> Anyway, whole point of this discussion that working around
Matus> problems by violating RFC and re-sending hardly (5xx) refused
Matus> mail through an ISP is not way to go.

Matus> and thus it's not problem to solve at postfix level, unless you
Matus> of course configure (temporarily) your ISPs mailserver as
Matus> relayhost.

True... in my experience here in the US, trying to send personal
domain email via ISP's mailservers is just not going to work ever.

It's a pain at times, but hosting it myself is good experience.