* @lbutlr <krem...@kreme.com>:
> On 07 Aug 2018, at 04:49, Luc Pardon <l...@skopos.be> wrote:
> > but in any case it serves no useful purpose (unlike greylisting, SAV, etc.
>
> Are people still finding grey listing to be useful? I found it caused far
> more problems than it solved and the endless game of scanning logs for sites
> like Amazon that resend from different machines or many banks that will
> never resend was time consuming and tedious.

Yes, I find it still useful, but I don't use it as a primary tool ever since
postscreen has landed. Actually I was very happy to send it back into line,
because it kills one of the most attractive features in email: instant
communication.

Nowadays we use it in rspamd, where it works as "dynamic greylisting" addon.
Whenever a certain threshold has been reached rspamd sends the client off to
greylisting. Any mail that stays below that threshold will not be subject to
greylisting.

I like that conditional behaviour better. It adds delay to email delivery only
when in doubt.

p@rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München