On 26-07-18 17:19, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> Anyway, whole point of this discussion that working around problems by
> violating RFC and re-sending hardly (5xx) refused mail through an ISP is
> not
> way to go.

No, the "whole point" of the discussion is *not* that I want to work
around just any 5xx problem.

The only "problem" that I am trying to solve is how to detect that the
other side is telling me to re-send through my ISP, so that I can oblige.

With other types of 5xx, I would of course let the mail bounce as usual.

In fact, if the other side replies with "5xx No such user", or "5xx
mailbox full", there is absolutely no point in re-sending through the relay.

That distinction might not be immediately apparent from the subject of
my message, but I thought it was clear enough from the body.

Let's say I go to a restaurant and get refused entry because I do not
wear a tie. So I go put on a tie, come gack to the restaurant and am now
allowed in because I'm no longer violating their dress code.

That is, I am willing to put on a tie, but only if/when the restaurant
requires it.

Otherwise, I prefer to go out eating tie-less, and will do so if the
restaurant allows it.

How is that a Bad Thing?

Translated: if/when some server refuses my mail with a "5xx no
dynamics", meaning "please relay through your ISP", I am willing to
comply with their access policy.

OTOH, if the destination has no problems with direct delivery from a
dynamic IP, I prefer to use that method.

How is that a Bad Thing?

Anyhow, by now I have scripted a solution to do just that.

Technically, it works. I'll see what happens in practice.

Luc