VPS Ubuntu 20.04 postfix 3.4.13 and dovecot 2.3.7.2

Virtual Mailboxes MySql

Our server hosts multiple mail domains each having multiple email addresses.

Domain: sizzelicks.com has an MX record pointing to mail.sizzelicks.com
showing the IP: 194:163:45:150 which is our VPS IP.

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3asizzelicks.com&run=toolpage

We have a domain: sizzelicks.com (I tried mail.sizzelicks.com also) in our
MySql virtual_domains table.

We have an address: smok...@sizzelicks.com <mailto:smok...@sizzelicks.com>
as the email field in our MySql virtual_ users table.

Command line tests:

sudo postmap -q sizzelicks.com
mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-domains.cf

1

sudo postmap -q smok...@sizzelicks.com
mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-maps.cf

1

sudo postmap -q spa...@sizzelicks.com
mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-alias-maps.cf

smok...@sizzelicks.com

I cannot send an email to smok...@sizzelicks.com.
I've tried setting the domain (MySql virtual_domains) as both sizzelicks.com
and mail.sizzelicks.com.
The email bounces in either case.

I created an account for smok...@sizzelicks.com
<mailto:smok...@sizzelicks.com>  in Thunderbird on a Windows client.

If I set the IMAP and SMTP server as sizzelicks.com Thunderbird will
connect.

If I set the IMAP and SMTP server as mail.sizzelicks.com Thunderbird will
NOT connect.

How can I correlate sizzelicks.com with mail.sizzelicks.com in postfix and
dovecot.

How can I debug/resolve this problem?

postconf n

append_dot_mydomain = no

biff = no

compatibility_level = 2

inet_interfaces = all

mailbox_size_limit = 0

mydestination = localhost

myhostname = softlinksys.com

readme_directory = no

recipient_delimiter = +

smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)

smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,
reject_invalid_hostname, reject_unknown_client_hostname

smtpd_helo_restrictions = reject_unknown_helo_hostname

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,
permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination

smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,
defer_unauth_destination

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes

smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth

smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot

smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain, permit_mynetworks,
permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_non_fqdn_sender

smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes

smtpd_tls_cert_file =
/etc/letsencrypt/live/mail.softlinksys.com/fullchain.pem

smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/letsencrypt/live/mail.softlinksys.com/privkey.pem

smtpd_use_tls = yes

virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-alias-maps.cf

virtual_mailbox_domains =
mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-domains.cf

virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-maps.cf

virtual_transport = lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp

postconf -Mf

smtp       inet  n       -       y       -       -       smtpd

submission inet  n       -       y       -       -       smtpd

    -o syslog_name=postfix/submission

    -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt

    -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes

    -o smtpd_sasl_type=dovecot

    -o smtpd_sasl_path=private/auth

    -o smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=no

    -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING

smtps      inet  n       -       y       -       -       smtpd

    -o syslog_name=postfix/smtps

    -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes

    -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes

    -o smtpd_sasl_type=dovecot

    -o smtpd_sasl_path=private/auth

    -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING

pickup     unix  n       -       y       60      1       pickup

cleanup    unix  n       -       y       -       0       cleanup

qmgr       unix  n       -       n       300     1       qmgr

tlsmgr     unix  -       -       y       1000?   1       tlsmgr

rewrite    unix  -       -       y       -       -       trivial-rewrite

bounce     unix  -       -       y       -       0       bounce

defer      unix  -       -       y       -       0       bounce

trace      unix  -       -       y       -       0       bounce

verify     unix  -       -       y       -       1       verify

flush      unix  n       -       y       1000?   0       flush

proxymap   unix  -       -       n       -       -       proxymap

proxywrite unix  -       -       n       -       1       proxymap

smtp       unix  -       -       y       -       -       smtp

relay      unix  -       -       y       -       -       smtp

    -o syslog_name=postfix/$service_name

showq      unix  n       -       y       -       -       showq

error      unix  -       -       y       -       -       error

retry      unix  -       -       y       -       -       error

discard    unix  -       -       y       -       -       discard

local      unix  -       n       n       -       -       local

virtual    unix  -       n       n       -       -       virtual

lmtp       unix  -       -       y       -       -       lmtp

anvil      unix  -       -       y       -       1       anvil

scache     unix  -       -       y       -       1       scache

postlog    unix-dgram n  -       n       -       1       postlogd

maildrop   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe flags=DRhu

    user=vmail argv=/usr/bin/maildrop -d ${recipient}

uucp       unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe flags=Fqhu

    user=uucp argv=uux -r -n -z -a$sender - $nexthop!rmail ($recipient)

ifmail     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe flags=F
user=ftn

    argv=/usr/lib/ifmail/ifmail -r $nexthop ($recipient)

bsmtp      unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe flags=Fq.

    user=bsmtp argv=/usr/lib/bsmtp/bsmtp -t$nexthop -f$sender $recipient

scalemail-backend unix - n       n       -       2       pipe flags=R

    user=scalemail argv=/usr/lib/scalemail/bin/scalemail-store ${nexthop}

    ${user} ${extension}

mailman    unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe flags=FR

    user=list argv=/usr/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py ${nexthop}

    ${user}

Kristy Atkins

ViviData SaaS