Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-us...@dukhovni.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2022 at 10:28:37PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

>> It would be invaluable to have a recording of a complete session
>> with that system. Something like:
>>
>>    tcpdump -i name-of-interface is 2000 -w /file/name host 1.2.3.4
>
> I think Wietse meant "-s 2000" rather than "is" 2000.  The same
> can be accomplished with "-s 0" (no limit).

I do have to admit that I haven't been using tcpdump a lot. I found 35 distinct
IP addresses that do trigger 'signal 11'. I am currently running tcpdump on
both servers with those addresses. AND: I did remove smtputf8_enable=8 on
master.cf for these tests. Hope that's what you wish me to do?

But I do have to listen at my interface facing outside. Hope that will work,
because my mailservers are running within bridged VNET FBSD jails, and tcpdump
doesn't run on the inside part of the bridge.

I did chose to omit the -s flag and stay to the default size of 262144, or
should I reduce that to 2000?

Thanks and regards,
Michael