On 2022-08-30 10:35, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
On Tue, Aug 30, 2022 at 02:25:20PM +0000, Frank Brendel wrote:

So I can try to reproduce it by simply putting that file into the
incoming queue?

Within the same filesystem, yes.

Our test system has FreeBSD 13.1 and Postfix 3.7.2 installed.  I'd try
to resend a mail via that system.

If you're copying queue files between systems, make sure to stop Postfix
on the target system, and run "postsuper -s" as root after copying the
queue file.  Queue file permissions need to be 0700 to make the message
deliverable, the owner needs to be the "$mail_owner" user (typically
"postfix").

Hi,

Out of curiosity ... why do queue files require the execute bit ?

Thanks,

- J