Dan Mahoney via Postfix-users:
> All,
>
> We have our aliases file pushing things into our RT install, but
> also saving things to a maildir, so we can manually feed a single
> file back in, thusly:
>
> In /etc/aliases:
>
> noc:                            "|/usr/local/sbin/rtmailgate ops noc cor",
>                                 "/root/ops/Maildir/"
> noc-comment:                    "|/usr/local/sbin/rtmailgate ops noc com",
>                                 "/root/ops/Maildir/"
>
> On a recent upgrade, we started getting permission denied for the
> Maildir.  (But note that the system upgrade may have also reset
> root?s homedir permissions)
>
> We noticed that root?s homedir was o-rwx, but we?re pretty sure
> it was that way before as well.  (The maildir itself is owned by
> 'nobody'

As documented under "man 8 local", section "DELIVERY RIGHTS" such mail
will be delivered wit the privileges of "default_user" i.e. nobody.
That text was written 25 years ago.

You need to store those messages under a different path. There shoud
be only root-owned files and directories under the 'root" home
directory.