Steve Bennett wrote:
> There are pretty easy change requests that have been
> sitting on the wiki for a year or more, presumably because
> Git is too big a hurdle for casual (non-programmer)
> contributors.
>
> Is this more complicated than I'm thinking?

Two separate issues really.

Firstly, we need the ability to load alternative map_features files. The
reason that isn't implemented right now is because no-one has coded it. ;)
It also makes a lot of sense to introduce this at the same time that we
introduce the ability to load files from local disc.

Secondly, the best way of getting the "pretty easy change requests" fixed
would be to identify someone to curate the default P2 map_features.xml. At
present it's largely done by Andy and me when we get a spare minute, but we
do of course have the rest of P2 to look after! On occasion I try and devote
a whole day to fixing the accumulation of little P2 issues - the last time
was in October, I think - and often this sort of thing gets tackled then. To
find someone with an "editorial" eye to sensibly curate the tags on a
ongoing basis would be good, but I'm not pretending that person would be
easy to find.

cheers
Richard