Wow.

Yes, there are some issues with dot and CRLF but it's still an
improvement when you use anchored dots and multiline option.

Try this:

RegEx(esc("0r0n",0)++"abcdef"++esc("0r0n",0),?"(?m)^.+$", 1, 0, 0)

BTW, This in my debug window:

-1: -1 -1

Its to indicate no more matches?

Also, was it intended that nCount correspond to occurrence number? I'm
seeing "1:" before all the match offsets.

--- In [email protected], "swzoh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I wrote it mainly for test purposes.
> So, not wholly skipping CRLF is a bug of PCRE, not regex plugin.

But dot needs to match CRLF (twice) if (?s) option is in effect.
(Somewhere in the docs I saw that PCRE is deliberately treating CRLF
as two characters.)

PS There are also times matching empty strings is useful. For example,
to count or replace the contents of empty lines specified as ^$

Regards,
Sheri


Reply via email to