> I never tried building a C++ PP plugin so I don't know whether we 
should 
> expect any issues with this extern "C" business or the other code 
that 
> interfaces with PP but otherwise compiling and linking works.

I hope the  extern "C" should work, although I think MSVC might add 
an extra "_".  However, since you can produce C plugins that PowerPro 
can work with, I am hopeful.  I think Alan does C++ stuff, so 
possibly he has some advice if he is lurking. 

> I probably know even less C++ than you do so translating any MS 
> idiosyncrasies you might write into code that gcc understands might 
be a 
> problem however.

If you agree to try, I'll write the plugin and get it to work but 
using a dummy RE class with dummy versions of the pcrecpp methods 
that I will use just to debug.  Then if I sent it to you, you should 
be able to remove the dummy class, compile and link against the 
actual dll, and it will work straight away ! <g>.


>


Reply via email to