> I was just wondering what the best way to set the priority of a > process for a program that I launch via a PowerPro button is? Should I > create a button for *Window SetPriority and then in the additional > commands field type in the path to the program exe? Or should I add > the *Windows SetPriority as the additional command after the path to > the exe? Or even use a batch file with the Windows start command? Or > maybe even some sort of PowerPro script?
The Window SetPriority has to be run after the .exe is a running process in the system. So, you'd put it in the More Commands field, and you might (probably will have to) add a wait before it if after testing and you aren't seeing the process change priority (it's because powerpro processes commands so fast that once the run program command is handed off to windows powerpro does the next thing it's told....while windows is trying to execute that command) So something like: Command: notepad.exe More Commands: Wait 1 Window setpriority =notepad If it's in a script (doesn't have to be in a script unless you're doing lots of other fancy stuff), execute in the same order as above. David Troesch | Atlanta, GA | ICQ# 2333123 "Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold." Funstuff: I've stopped listening - why haven't you stopped talking?
