On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:56:57 -0500,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>
>The Window SetPriority has to be run after the .exe is a running process in
>the system. So, you'd put it in the More Commands field, and you might
>(probably will have to) add a wait before it if after testing and you aren't
>seeing the process change priority (it's because powerpro processes commands
>so fast that once the run program command is handed off to windows powerpro
>does the next thing it's told....while windows is trying to execute that
>command)
>
>So something like:
>Command: 
>notepad.exe
>More Commands:
>Wait 1
>Window setpriority =notepad
>
>If it's in a script (doesn't have to be in a script unless you're doing lots
>of other fancy stuff), execute in the same order as above.
>

Hi David,

Ah, I didn't know it had to be set after the process was already
running. What I was actually wanting to do was to decrease the startup
time of an application that I start via a PowerPro button. I thought
setting it to high priority might make Windows start it up quicker. If
the priority can only be set after it has already started though, that
idea goes out the window. Guess I'll just have to wait until I get a
faster computer...
--

Regards,

CM

Reply via email to