--- In [email protected], "ebennetthill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  I read a posting from June of this year about
> changing the window title, and I wondered if there is
> some possibility that PowerPro can do what I want.
> 
> Excel has the strange quirk of putting the name of the
> program first (Excel)and the file name second. That's
> not too bad for the title bar, but it's inconvenient
> for the taskbar. All I can see there is that I have
> some excel files open. The file names are all but
> obscured. Word doesn't do that, but Excel does. I found
> some VBS code that would fix individual files sort of,
> but has to be inserted into every file that is opened
> to do the job.
> 
> Could PowerPro change the window title of every Excel
> file that is opened so that it would read "Book 1 -
> Microsoft Excel" instead of "Microsoft Excel - Book 1"?

Hi,

I played with it, its easy enough to change the titlebar text of all
instances of Excel and it seems to be retained until you activate a
different document within the same Excel instance(s).

However, as far as the taskbar goes, as long as there are multiple
documents open and you're using only one instance of Excel (at least
with my Excel 2003 running in XP) the icon shows the number of
documents open, and if you click the icon, it gives a list of the
documents to choose from (no "Microsoft Excel -").

Your taskbar issue only seems to be an issue when there is only one
document open in independent instance(s) of Excel where no secondary
documents have been accessed during the session(s). In that
circumstance, you could run this script on demand (e.g, from a button,
menu item or hotkey) and afterwards taskbar icon will then show what
you want. It will work on all multiple instances of Excel.

Save this file as exceltitlechg.powerpro in the scripts subdir of your
PowerPro folder. The to set it up for use, select *Script and Runfile
from the controls, and enter exceltitlechg for the Command parameters.
The script uses the regex plugin, which is distributed with PowerPro.

Regards,
Sheri

local testcaption, test4chg, correctcap
if (anywindow("c=XLMAIN")) do
  myxlcaplist = win.handlelist("c=XLMAIN")
;  win.debug("myxlcaplist ",myxlcaplist)
endif
for (j=1; ;j=j+1)
myevalhandle = word(myxlcaplist,j)
if (myevalhandle == "") do
  break
endif
testcaption=win.caption(myevalhandle)
;win.debug("testcaption ",testcaption)
test4chg = ;;+
regex.replace(testcaption,;;+
?"^(Microsoft Excel) - (.+)$",?"\2 - \1","correctcap")
;win.debug("test4chg ", test4chg, "correctcap ", correctcap)
if (test4chg == 0) do
  win.settext(myevalhandle,correctcap)
endif
endfor
quit


Reply via email to