--- In [email protected], "Sheri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], "ebennetthill" <benhill@> wrote:
> 
> >  Thanks so much for the obviously sophisticated
> > script. I can't follow it for sure. I couldn't get it
> > to work for me. I tried creating the *.powerpro file
> > and double-clicking it before I ran Excel and after I
> > opened up a file. I also tried assigning the
> > *script>runfile to a button and running it before or
> > after Excel had started. Neither had any effect for me.
> > 
> > As to the taskbar, I do have Excel set to "windows in
> > taskbar" which shows each file separately.
> > 
> > I assume teh script works for you. I also use Excel
> > 2003. Do you have any ideas what I might try next to
> > get it to work for me?
> >
> 
> The script is simple really, it finds all the running windows with a
> class of XLMAIN and changes their title text. It won't find any if you
> run it before starting Excel. It only does it one time. I suppose if
> you wanted you could set up an event that would run the script every
> second or two whenever Excel is running. This would enable it to
> change the titles for new Excel instances and document changes.
> Someone else might have to help with that because I haven't done any
> events.
> 
> To verify that its working (it definitely works for me), you should
> run the script when Excel is already running, and note Excel's
> titlebar text before and after running the script.
> 
> If, after running the script the titlebar hasn't got the document name
> first on your Excel window, I guess the next step would be to
> uncomment the win.debug lines (take out the semicolons at the start of
> those lines) and tell me what you see in the powerpro debug window
> after running the script. If you don't get a debug window (won't be
> foreground, you'll have to switch to it) then the script is not
> getting run for some reason. Are you running a recent version of
PowerPro?
> 
> For me, when I've used multiple documents in the same instance of
> Excel (opened with File|Open) even when only one document is currently
> open in that instance, the taskbar item already looks fine without
> using the script. Turns out I did already have "windows in taskbar"
> enabled, but there wasn't room on the taskbar earlier to show them.
> 
> Regards,
> Sheri
>
Thank you again. It is doing what I wanted now, and I do see what you
described with the taskbar. I appreciate the attention.

Ben

Reply via email to