--- In [email protected], "Rollins_35" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Power pro is sorely in need of good documentation. I'll volunteer 
to 
> help assemble .html or .chm documentation if the developer can give 
> some assistance.
>
I am not sure what you are volunteering to do but let me know more 
specifically what you think should change and I will see what I can 
do.

There are three versions of the help (!):  the .hlp file, the .doc 
file in your PowerPro folder, and a .chm file which you can access 
off the start menu entry for PowerPro.  The last two are easier to 
search.


Although the help did go through an edit and look-and-feel upgrade a 
while back by Alan M and me (Happy New Year Alan if you still read 
this), I'd agree it could use a more complete overhaul.

As someone mentioned, it is over ten years old.  I see this as a bad 
thing:  there is a lot of accumulated information which often is not 
the best soluion with newest features.  And its structure has been 
compromised as new information was added without rethinking the 
structure.  But it would be a tremdendous amount of work to 
restructure and rewrite the help.  I doubt that you would want to 
volunteer for that.

You also mention problems with the initial configuration in another 
note.  That is something separate which could be changed fairly 
easily.  

Finally, with regard to your bar in the taskbar, if you have 4.6 or 
later, there a way to embed a PowerPro bar directly in the taskbar; 
search for "taskbar" in help index.


Reply via email to