> 
> Are there other PP-Users here who have problems with dual-core 
machines?
> 

I have dual core but do not experience any issues, although I don't 
have scripts as complicated as you do, I suspect.

PowerPro is single threaded so AFAIK it is only possible for it do be 
executing two things at once if it is in a wait on one of them.  Do you 
have a lot of wait.for(number); if so the number may have to change to 
reflect a faster machine.

Again, AFAIK, the fact that it is dual core should be invisible to 
PowerPro.  That is all handled much lower down:  just in hardware I 
think but possibly the OS knows too. I think that dual core is not the 
same as multi-CPU in that the separate CPUs cannot be scheduled by the 
OS to be running separate threads or processes, but I am not sure.

But the fact that it is faster could affect scripts synchronized by 
waits.



Reply via email to