brucexs wrote  (on 30.12.2006 17:25):
> PowerPro is single threaded so AFAIK it is only possible for it do be 
> executing two things at once if it is in a wait on one of them.  Do you 
> have a lot of wait.for(number); if so the number may have to change to 
> reflect a faster machine.
> ...
> But the fact that it is faster could affect scripts synchronized by 
> waits.


Hi Bruce & Harizvi,

I've found that the problem with VirtualDub was related to a "wait sleep 
1". Probably the symptoms with other scripts (uninitialized variables, 
supposedly unbalanced parentheses) come from deeply nested wait.for's in 
those scripts. I'll check everything but I suspect this was the reason. 
I'll report extensively if I find out more.

While we're at it. The reason why I was using wait.for(n) and 
wait.sleep(n) is that "wait until" couldn't be used in nested scripts, 
and apparently I wasn't aware of wait.for(expression). But now that I've 
read the docs, I see no practical difference between wait.until and 
wait.for. Both can be used for the very same purposes, or is there 
anything I've missed out? Is there a need for wait.until?

Thanks,
Cü

Reply via email to