Hello,

First, a short introduction to my problem:

I use TRADOS translation suite for my everyday tasks. It basically
consists of two "sub-programs" - one is the main window with the text
to be translated, the other is a window for "translation memory", that
is a kind of database containing all previous translations done by me.
When Trados discovers that in the currently translated text there is a
"segment" (basic translation unit) identical or similar to a segment
done previously, it automatically displays the already translated
segment in the translation memory window, specifying the percentage of
similarity to the new segment.

Still with me? :-)

But there is another way of interacting with the translation memory. I
can highlight a string (doesn't have to be a "segment" - it can be
anything from a single word to a couple of strings) and hit a keyboard
shortcut (a Trados shortcut, not a shortcut set up in PowerPro). If in
the translation memory Trados finds anything similar to the
highlighted string, it pops up the third window, containing
suggestions how to translate the string.

And here's where my little annoyance appears - each time I hit the
keyboard shortcut to display the suggestion window, that window
appears a little bit higher than previously, and if I kept doing it,
it would finally disappear from the screen! This only happens when
PowerPro's on, so I assume it's somehow its fault - when I disable it,
the suggestion window remains perfectly still, no matter how many
times I push the shortcut.

Any ideas for a workaround? It'll be extremely helpful...

-- 
Regards,
Krzysiek

Reply via email to