>Running 7.6, I bet your 3400 feels as fast as a G4. I could never do it,
>though; I like the features in OS 9 too much.

It is very fast.  It feels great to have it running as fast as it was
when it was "the fastest notebook computer the world has ever seen"

OS9 running on the 3400c wasn't worth the slowness and memory hogging.

System 7 I've found to be able to do everything that I want when I'm away
from my OSX machine, including 802.11b networking, AIM, MS Office 98,
photoshop, email, and web browsing (via  iCab).  Each new release of iCab
is better and better.

I don't expect my 3400c to do anything amazing, so I don't feel like
using OS9 anymore.  If I need to do anything that system 7 cant do I have
my G3 (huzza!!)