right.. there is an etch on one side of the end that NEEDS to be on the card to let it FIT into a PCMCIA slot on a 1400. though requesting cardbus, I do not know how it works. I took a Wallstreet DVD and tried to put it into a 3500/Kanga/G3 #1, but the PCMCIA card for the wallstreet that was CardBus DID NOT work in the Kanga once trimmed to 'fit'...

-p