In the past I have been one of those that thought that labels could
easily answer the "flag" question that some have been asking for.

However, I have now switched over to the other side! I've noticed that
lately I've wanted to go back and look up some information before I
answer a mail; and the only good solutions at the moment for me is to
mark it unread so I can easily find it.

Flags by themselves wouldn't help much though, it seems that it would be
necessary to have a window something like the recent-mail window that
would collect all the "flagged" or "for immediate action" e-mails
together into one spot.

OK, I know others have been asking for this; it's just me that now has
turned a corner to desire it also.

--
Barbara Needham