>I forgot to ask, are there any messages in the Console app when you this
>problem occurs? Please chime in you others that have had the same
>problem, with your observations.

Start PowerMail.
Select a message with "Content-Type: text/html" (in a view with a
preview pane).
Command-H > PowerMail refuses to hide its main windows.
No messages to the Console.

Quit and restart PowerMail.
Command-N make a new message.
Close it (don't have to type anything or save).
Select a message with "Content-Type: text/html" (in a view with a
preview pane).
Command-H > PowerMail hides like it should.
No messages here either.

>I wish I could help out more, but as I don't know a way to reproduce it
>on my system, I can only speculate.

Restart PowerMail and preview only messages that don't have an HTML part.
Hiding should be fine.
Select one message with an HTML part.
Hiding should now be borked.

This doesn't bork it for you?