H Ronald Riggs wrote:

>My computer crashed and now it says "Your database file has not the
>expected format" and it asks if I want to convert it. But conversion
>fails. Any help would be very helpful.   Thanks.

First, make a backup of your PowerMail database folder.
Then press the command and option keys while launching PowerMail, and
try some of checkboxes of the first group.
If that does not help, try to remove the "Address Database" file from
your PowerMail folder (in case your message database file is safe but
another database file is corrupted), and relaunch PowerMail. If you
still can't start PowerMail, and an "Address Database.old" file is also
present, remove it also.
Then you can try the same thing for the "Server-side Database" or "Setup
Database".
Then, if a "Message Database.old" file is present in the backup you just
made, remove the "Message Database" and "Message Database.old" file from
your current folder, and replace them with a copy of the "Message
Database.old" file from the backup, and remove the ".old" extension.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

   "FABULOUS PRODUCT ! Wonderful ! A real Spotlight Killer !
    I'm now able to locate content in documents that I KNEW was there but
    Spotlight couldn't find. FoxTrot Personal Search is far more efficient
    and displays a preview of the file when you hiighlight it."
  Janie Angus, Nevada

         Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch