Am 10.12.2012 um 00:43 schrieb Rene Merz:

>>> In the Display preferences, select "For script: Central Europe Roman",
>> then choose an appropriate font. The problem is that PowerMail does not
>> use a unicode text engine, so you need to use a traditional font for
>> eastern Europe, and I am not sure such fonts are still present by
>> default on OS X. The default font that PowerMail used to use for eastern
>> Europe is no longer present.
>>>

>> the text engine is the problem.
>>
>> I don't have any old font for this anymore to install on that box.
>>
>> PM is such a wonderful mail client, but it'll need to go really utf and iamp.
>
> I guess that's not a problem of PM at all.

the problem is that MacOS is UTF and the text-engine of PM is not.

Changing that would probably require a nearly complete rewrite of PM in Cocoa
as the code basis of PM is probably still mostly Carbon. PM was originally
written in CodeWarrior and CW was bought out of the market quite some time ago.
A complete rewrite is a huge amount of work and the risk the market won't
compensate for the effort is quite high, although PM might get a new big fan
community this way, who knows ....

> Go to the System Preferences (Systemeinstellungen) > Sprache & Text >
> Eingabequellen > Kroatisch
> With the Option "Eingabequellen in der Menüleiste anzeigen".
>
> Whenever you have to write in Croatian language go there and choose
> "Kroatisch".

this won't work with PM as long as OSX standard-fonts are used, because they
are all UTF.
The old CE-Fonts are not available anymore on MacOS X.

> If your fonts for Mac OS X are no more complete, informe you on this page to
> download the right one:
> <http://www.aatseel.org/resources/fonts/macintosh_central.htm>

they suggest to use OS 7 fonts. These fonts can cause trouble with other
applications under OS X.

I found some package (Os 8.1) on some croatian site, but they cant be
downloaded :(

cheers
Matthias