We’re looking for some OE regarding the use of Liquinox (Alconox) brand
decontamination agent.  We are seeing some odd results when deconning a spent
fuel transfer cask that has a coating of (Carboline) Carboguard 890 epoxy.  The
cask is
 lifted from the pool, deconned successfully to less than 1k smearable and then
allowed to dry. When rewetted, contamination appears at easily detectable
levels, requiring significant additional decon.
Does anyone else have experience with such a condition and, if so, what did you
do to avoid the significant leaching (if that’s what it is)?Thanks,  Eric
Goldin, CHP
RP Support, San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station
949.368.6727
eric.gol...@sce.com or
emgol...@yahoo.com