Dear All,

I work for the University of Malawi in Africa (http://www.unima.mw). I
am taking a freshman class in programming for computing students. I
have to choose between Java, C and C++ since these languages have
their compilers already instead in our computer labs. These students
are just coming from secondary school and they have general computing
skills which are taught in secondary schools in Malawi.

Searching through the web I note that the issue on the choice of an
introductory programming language to students is quite debatable. What
is your take PPIGers on this issue? What can you recommend for my
situation?

Many thanks in advance,

Bennett Kankuzi

University of Malawi