> e.g. a particular paradigm (e.g. imperative) makes sense to a given
> individual, but then they get totally tripped up by the horribly
> non-standard vs. math details (cf. limits on ranges of values).

Which is what I said earlier about exception cases. But in reality most people
hardly ever encounter them - yes, it is true that computer arithmetic is weird,
but I honestly cannot remember the last time I was doing arithmetic with
numbers that could have generated those kind of exceptions. I think this is a
complete red herring. But there again so is the whole idea of intuitiveness.

Question : do you think that using recursion is intuitive? I have seen people
use it without having been introduced to it (and try to use it on old Fortran
systems - ooops), but I have also been people entirely perplexed by it. So
which is it?

L.