Dear Collegues,
I need to plan an evaluation of the improvements brought by the usage of specific software tools when learning the basic concepts of computer programming (sequence, loop, variables, arrays, etc) and the specific topic of sorting algorithms.

Which are the best practises for the necessary steps? I guess the steps should be: selection of test group, test of initial skills, partition of the test group in smaller homogenous groups, delivery of learning materials by or by not making use of the tools, test of final skills, comparative analysis.

What am I supposed to do to perform a fair test?

Any help or reference is welcome.

Best Regards

Stefano Federici
Professor of Computer Science
University of Cagliari
Dept. of Education and Philosophy
Via Is Mirrionis 1, 09123 Cagliari, Italy
Tel: +39 349 818 1955 Fax: +39 070 675 7113

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity
in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).