http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2009/10/13/government-bans-miyabi-visiting-indonesia.html

Government bans Miyabi from visiting Indonesia
The Jakarta Post ,  Jakarta   |  Tue, 10/13/2009 10:52 PM  |  National 

Acting Culture and Tourism Minister Mohammad Nuh has issued a directive to deny 
entry to Japanese adult video star Maria "Miyabi" Ozawa to Indonesia.

Nuh, who is also the communications and information minister, said in a press 
release made available to Antara on Tuesday the directive was shown to the 
producer and director of a comedy film currently in production titled Menculik 
Miyabi (Kidnapping Miyabi) during a meeting at his office earlier in the day.

Nuh asked Odi Mulya Hidayat from Maxima Pictures, as the sponsor of Miyabi's 
planned visit here, to heed the directive and cancel the starlet's visit, which 
has triggered an outcry from the religious right.

At the meeting, Maxima Pictures agreed to keep to the directive in order to 
avoid the controversy from drawing out, the release said.

Odi said he had to cancel Miyabi's visit and postpone the making of the film 
due to strong public opposition to the plan.

Dozens of students of the State Islamic Institute in Kudus, Central Java, took 
to the streets to protest Miyabi's planned visit to Indonesia. They torched 
women's underwear during their protest.

Women activists, however, had welcomed Miyabi's visit.

The immigration office has not issued a ban against her


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Kirim email ke