        Primetime on America's NewsChannel MSNBC

THE WEEKEND PRIMETIME NEWSLETTER
AMERICA'S NEWSCHANNEL MSNBC
Friday May 31st- Sunday June 2nd, 2002

***HIGHLIGHTS***

        Fans of MSNBC documentaries-- you are in for a treat.  We are premiering five
new docs over the next week or so and though we admittedly are a little biased...
THEY'RE REALLY GOOD!
        Let's start with this weekend.  On Sunday night we roll out MSNBC
INVESTIGATES: THE OBSESSED.  This program documents the lives of people with a
particular form of obsessive-compulsive disorder.  It's called hoarding.  This brain
illness causes people to irrationally collect things, all kinds of things-- from
chewed gum to old newspapers to garbage-- these people just can't throw things out!
        Also on Sunday we have the latest premiere from National Geographic Explorer
called CLONES!  This show dives head in to the cloning controversy that surrounds how
we might one day resurrect extinct species, grow replacement organs, and even make
duplicates of ourselves.

        HERE'S YOUR EARLY WARNING: MAKE NO PLANS FOR SUNDAY JUNE 9th.
        In case you didn't know, being a kid these days ain't what it used to be.  For
more than a year we have been working on a full night of new programs that make Marsha
and Greg Brady's world look like science fiction.  Beginning at 8pm ET on June 9 we
premiere "13," "REAL BOYS" and "INVISIBLE PEOPLE."  More details next week but this
will give you a quick overview.

MSNBC SPECIAL: 13- MSNBC gave digital cameras to four 13 year old girls who spent
several months telling us what it is like to be a teenaged girl, in their own words,
through their experiences.

MSNBC SPECIAL: REAL BOYS:  With the help of a leading researcher we get a unique
insight into the lives of young boys and a primer on how to understand them, how to
talk to them, and how to be there for them when they need us most.

MSNBC INVESTIGATES: INVISIBLE PEOPLE:  Of the half million kids living on the streets
in America, thousands have made their way to Hollywood, where they live on discarded
food, and an endless supply of cheap heroin.  One of the ones we hang out with is even
trying to raise a newborn.

        NOW, ONTO THIS WEEKEND....

FRIDAY, MAY 31
6PM
THE ABRAMS REPORT
Is FBI Director Robert Mueller the right man right now?  Dan Abrams looks for the
truth and finds out why some say the agency's 8th Director should resign. Tonight on
the Abrams Report.

7PM
HARDBALL WITH CHRIS MATTHEWS
Has Al Qaeda smuggled missiles onto American soil?  Chris Matthews gets the story
straight from the reporter who broke it, tonight on Hardball with Chris Matthews.

8PM ET
THE NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS
Nuclear attack on America... does this explosive Hollywood script hit too close too
home...too soon?  BEN AFFLECK defends his latest movie "The Sum of All Fears" tonight
on The News With Brian Williams.

9-11PM ET
MSNBC SPECIAL: BETRAYAL: THE TRUTH ABOUT ACQUAINTANCE RAPE
More than four out of every five rapes are committed by someone the victim knows.
We'll examine this growing problem through a series of extraordinary first-hand
accounts.

11PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: TO LOVE AND TO KILL
By all accounts, the couple featured in this program lived a double life-- as the
loving newlyweds who visited family at the holidays, and the twisted pair who kept
slaved and then killed them.  This is a classic program from our Crime Files.

SATURDAY, JUNE 1
8PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: LITTLE BOY LOST
It's a search for the truth behind a family tragedy-- a child dangerously out of
control.  An adoptive mother at the end of her rope, accused of an unspeakable crime.
And a ground-breaking defense - could this child's severe injuries have been self
inflicted?

9PM
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: DEATH ROW DIARY
Floyd Allen Medlock was just 19 when confessed to murdering a 7 year old girl.  He was
executed after a decade on Oklahoma's death row.  In his last three days there, he
recorded a riveting video journal, which his family has given exclusively to MSNBC.

10PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: MOXLEY MURDER MYSTERY
The story behind the courtroom drama that is being played out now with Kennedy cousin
Michael Skakel at the center of a murder case.

11PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: MERCY FOR A MURDERER
How do you punish a child who has committed a very adult crime?  Should he pay with
his life?  In this program we follow the death row appeal of Sean Sellers, who was 16
when he was found guilty of killing his mother and stepfather as they slept.  From his
conviction, to the clemency where his family argues he should die-- cameras capture it
all.

SUNDAY JUNE 2
8-10PM ET
***NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: CLONES!***             PREMIERE
An in-depth look at the cloning controversy that surrounds how we might one day
resurrect extinct species, grow replacement organs, and even make duplicates of
ourselves.

10PM ET
***MSNBC INVESTIGATES: THE OBSESSED***          PREMIERE
"I've had this plastic bag since august... the store overcharged me for these rice
cakes and somewhere I have the receipt."
"I had thousands of gum wrappers... I was thinking there might be a scenario where I
might desperately need a gum wrapper."
"And these movies are from last March and April... but they have nice little write-ups
on the movies so I can't throw it away."

        Those are just a few of the quotes from the people in this program who can't
stop hoarding things.  We take a fascinating tour through the lives of these patients
living with this real-life mental illness.

For more info, go to http://www.msnbc.com/news/MSNBCCABLE_Front.asp

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received this MSNBC Primetime
Announcements
newsletter because you subscribed to it or, someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=22