        Primetime on America's NewsChannel MSNBC

THE WEEKEND PRIMETIME NEWSLETTER
AMERICA'S NEWSCHANNEL MSNBC
Friday July 12th- Sunday July 14th, 2002

****Please note:  The "Ashleigh Banfield: On Location" newsletter was accidentally
sent out yesterday to the primetime newsletter list...this was a system error, and has
since been corrected.  We apologize for any confusion.

****Premiering Monday July 15th****
America's NewsChannel, MSNBC kicks off a brand new Primetime Lineup...At 6pm/et it's
the program all about justice, THE ABRAMS REPORT.  Followed by the gritty veteran
journalist who gets results.. NACHMAN at 7 pm/et.  At 8 pm/et, it's DONAHUE, the man
who invented TV talk returns, only on America's NewsChannel.  Then at 9pm/et, it's the
Washington insider who eats spin doctors for breakfast... Hardball with Chris
Matthews. And at 10pm/et.. wherever the story goes, she's there, Ashleigh Banfield On
Location. Five FIERCELY INDEPENDENT VOICES coming together for a POWERPACKED
PRIMETIME... only on AMERICA'S NEWSCHANNEL MSNBC... Check your local listings for the
time in your area.

Now, here's what we have planned for tonight and this weekend:

FRIDAY, JULY 12
6PM
THE ABRAMS REPORT
A Baltimore man who admits to shooting a priest, heads to court... His defense?  The
priest deserved it for molesting him as a child.
Will the jury see this as justice served, or as a criminal act of revenge? Find out on
the program about justice.  The Abrams Report

7PM
HARDBALL WITH CHRIS MATTHEWS
The NAACP's outrage with President Bush and the recent police beatings caught on
camera... Pat Buchanan and Bill Press, the two newest members of the MSNBC family,
tackle these issues when they play Hardball with Chris Matthews...Tonight.

8PM ET
THE NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS
Calling for corporate reform in the wake of recent scandals on Wall Street...Tonight,
Senator John McCain takes his case to The News with Brian Williams.

9PM ET
LOCKUP: GUARDS AT RISK
Men and women who work in correctional facilities face a rate of workplace violence
second only to police officers.  Prison staff have significantly higher rates of
alcoholism, drug abuse, and divorce.  And they have a suicide rate reported to be ten
times the national average.  We take you inside some of America's toughest prisons to
find out how guards endure the extraordinary pressures of doing time with some of
America's most violent inmates.
Hosted by Forrest Sawyer.

10PM ET
LOCKUP: VIOLENCE BEHIND BARS
America is a nation that prides itself on freedom, yet the United States has the
highest percentage of its citizens locked behind bars  of any nation on earth, close
to two million men and women.  The government spends over 24 billion dollars a year on
secure prisons, but the world behind bars is very often a violent one.  We take our
cameras into some of America's toughest prisons, to reveal the cycle of violence,
what's being done to fight it, and how it's a problem that reaches beyond the prison
walls.
Hosted by Forrest Sawyer.

11PM ET
THE NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS

12AM ET
LOCKUP: SURVIVAL BEHIND BARS
For the nearly two million men and women behind bars, simple survival can be a
challenge. But are the billions of dollars pouring into the system being spent the
right way? We look at some of the ways corrections officials are trying to maintain
order, from new Supermax facilities to surprise searches of inmates' cells and the
extensive use of solitary confinement -- sometimes for 23 hours a day over several
years.
Hosted by Forrest Sawyer.

1AM ET
LOCKUP: GUARDS AT RISK

SATURDAY, JULY 13
12PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: DREW CAREY
Hosted by Matt Lauer.

1PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: TIM ALLEN
Hosted by Matt Lauer.

2PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: RAY ROMANO
Hosted by Matt Lauer.

6PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: RAISING THE HUNLEY
The seabed off the South Carolina coast keeps tight hold of a Civil War mystery, a
secret technology that was the hope of the Southern forces.  On a chilly February
night in 1864, the Confederate submarine H.L. Hunley sank in the ocean waters.  Nearly
a century and a half later, the Hunley has been located, and EXPLORER joins
archaeologist Bob Neyland as he works to raise a piece of American history.
Hosted by Boyd Matson.

8PM
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: TATTOOS: SKIN DEEP
We take a look at tattoos to the extreme and the people obsessed with them.
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

9PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: TATTOOED WOMEN
More women than ever are getting tattoos, and they do it for reasons sooo different
than men.  In this program the women behind the pictured bodies tell their stories.
Some consider themselves artists' canvasses.  One woman in this program has tattooed
herself in an extraordinary way to hide scars from a painful surgery.
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

10PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: BODY OF WORK
We follow along with three women vying for a national body-building championship.
They'll explain why they do it, and how they do it.  The final push to get their
bodies into peak shape can be excruciating and some doctors say very dangerous.  From
extreme workouts to practical starvation-- what drives these women to work so hard?
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

11PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: EXTREME PLASTIC SURGERY
A look at the extremes that people are going to in order to have what they think is
the perfect body.
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

SUNDAY JULY 14
12PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: DENZEL WASHINGTON
Hosted by Matt Lauer.

1PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: MEL GIBSON
Hosted by Matt Lauer.

2PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: RUSSELL CROWE
Hosted by Matt Lauer.

6PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: STALKING LEOPARDS
This program is an intimate chronicle of a four-year old leopard's journey into
adulthood: claiming territory, fighting old rivals, mating and killing.  For Tjololo
-- amidst Africa's wild cast of lions, water buffalo, hyenas, elephants, and impalas
-- the only way to walk is proudly and alone.
Hosted by Boyd Matson.

8PM-10PM ET
***NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: MONGOOSE MURDERS       ***PREMIERE
Travel with a team of biologists roaming the wild where they are threatened by
elephants, buffalos and lions as they track a pack of banded mongooses.  (Am I the
only one who calls them mongeese?)  No matter what you call them, this particular pack
of mongooses is fascinating to follow-- all the females in this group give birth on
the same day, and up to twenty pups may be born at one time.  Up to half of the
newborns have disappeared in the past and this team of scientists is determined to
find out who's gotten them.
Hosted by Boyd Matson.

10PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: LIFE AND DEATH: BALTIMORE SHOCK TRAUMA
There is never a quiet moment at the Shcok Trauma Center in downtown Baltimore, where
a man who takes a nailgun blow to the heart is, amazingly, just par for the course on
any given day.  This program is non-stop action, with some amazing life-saving work.
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

For more info, go to http://www.msnbc.com/news/MSNBCCABLE_Front.asp

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received this MSNBC Primetime
Announcements
newsletter because you subscribed to it or, someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=22