Here's the purpose of the screencast is to answer the often asked question at cocktail parties:

(A) Can VFP create a set of populated database tables (simple ones) in a short amount of time?
  -- or --
(B) Does Kevin have too much time on his hands?

Here's another way to look at what I was doing:
Is there another tool in the Tiobe top 20 that could accomplish the same tasks?
* Create data structures
* Populate the data structures
* Display
* < 3 min?

Is this a real world test? no.
Is it a meaningful test? no.
Will it convince anyone to develop in VFP? no.
Is it a "fair" test? probably not.
Will it increase my mpg in my car? no.
Does Kevin type really loud?  YES! <g>

Kevin Cully
CULLY Technologies, LLC

Sponsor of Fox Forward 2006!
http://foxforward.net

Hal Kaplan wrote:
I watched the movie and read the book ... er, thread. It's not clear to me who the target audience is supposed to be but with all due respect to Kevin,

I don't see the point.

As a client, why would I possible care about who ate what and when?  And if I
did, I think I would need a lot more information about what happened.

As a developer, assuming this is new to me, it is a gross simplification of the
process.

The bottom line is it does not matter what you have, what matters is what you
do with it.

Nobody has higher regard for the Fox than I do.  I think the idea of
screencasts is great and agree there should be more of them and I would be
happy to participate in developing them.  Kevin, you are a really sharp guy and
I respect your work and opinions; that's why I had to write this.

HALinNY