Worst thing I've hit so far: under Privacy, went to turn off the targeted advertising. There's a video to play on how advertising is so good for you. But it's a Flash video (I thought MS didn't like Flash!), and it wanted to update my Flash Player. I said OK, and then noticed that the update included McAfee "Security Scan Plus". I un-checked it ok, but you should NOT be getting drive-by downloads from a Microsoft program!!

It's an Adobe thing. If you go to the Adobe site to install or update Flash, you are offered either McAfee Security Scan Plus, or the option of downloading and installing Chrome as your default browser. (Which option you get depends on whether you are using IE or Firefox at the time.) If you don't uncheck the bundling option, then you get stuck with one of them.

And by the way, I NEVER press a button that says "You need to upgrade XYZ plugin to [do anything]". There are all kinds of fake links out there. I only update Flash by going to the adobe website and downloading it from there.

Ken Dibble
www.stic-cil.org