I use the free version of LogMeIn with all my clients. The only caveat is that you don't have file transfer but I solved this with FileZilla.

I simply set up FileZilla in my computer, use NO-IP to get a fixed IP at all times. In my particular case I pay the very low fees NO-IP charges for one computer, I think something like 5 US dollars. Since I have more than 10 clients (10 is the maximum you can use with the free version of logmein, but then you can set up another email account and you get 10 more and so on), the cost of maintaining the paid version of NO-IP is absolutely meaningless. www.no-ip.org

Whenever I need to transfer files from my PC to my client's or viceversa, I simply get into their computer, and ftp into my own computer and transfer the files.

In addition, LogMeIn has a new feature, JoinMe that enables one to share his screen with the other side. Both download the software, also free, and the one who wants the other one to see his screen, just clicks on a share button, gets a code that he voices to the other side (using Skype) and the other one just enters the code and he can see your screen. Fantastic to explain to your client what you are doing, how to do things, etc. You might wonder why not just use LogMeIn on their screen to explain things, but then, when they see your computer, you have everything you need, like your VFP compiler, other softwares, you name it. Conversely, they can also share their own screen with you and show you what is happening on their side. The paid version lets you share the screen with others as well, but in my case, I just use the free one.

Merry Christmas

Rafael Copquin