Stephen: That has not been my experience. Mine fires up instantly and I have not seen an update although there have been some. Maybe they do it at another time then boot up.

My wife has a MAC and when we fire up our laptops on the weekend, I always smile. She doesn't like my Chromebook but she's talking about getting one.