On 11/30/2016 5:40 PM, mbsoftwaresoluti...@mbsoftwaresolutions.com wrote:
One thing I put into my design is working with temporary cursors or
As I recall, the main reason for memo bloat was caused when saving
data. Specifically, if I was editing a memo, then saved it, if the
Just an update: found 2 records that had bazillions lines in them (determined via MEMLINES), and the process was continually adding another line every 6 minutes since August 2016. No wonder the file size spiraled. Problem source fixed from vendor side. All good now.

FYI, I did more research on this and just never sent in an update.

The key point is whether or not the table was opened "EXCLUSIVE" or not. If you open it exclusive, there is a "chance" the memo "block" will be reused (if the new text size is the same or smaller than what was used before).

But opening the table in shared mode means EVERY save to the memo will cause a NEW memo block to be appended to the .FPT file.

I was going to write up some code folks could run to show this behavior, but didn't get to it. So the proof is left as a homework assignment. :)

-Charlie