On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Thierry Nivelet <tnive...@foxincloud.com> wrote:
> Sounds kinda defensive, like "how you can survive with VFP while outdated
> and clumsy"

I think you're looking through the wrong end of the telescope. Whil's
book is dealing with supporting existing clients, inheriting the apps
of the others, and pointers on maintaining applications into their
second and third decades. These are important skills, too.

> I'd prefer a book mostly showing the exciting things one can do with VFP,
> and expanding 'legacy' VFP applications.

Well, let me know how your book writing goes. If you are looking for
an editor, keep me in mind!

> Third party software take a large part of these exciting opportunities.

Absolutely! My most successful applications use a lot of third party
software, from web serving to office automation to graphics and GIS! I
have always been a big supporter of the philosophy of integrating many
tools to make the most powerful application.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC