At 12:47 2019-01-10, Frank Cazabon <frank.caza...@gmail.com> wrote:
All columns have different validation rules. There is no input mask to force the text column to only accept numbers. You can put alphabetic characters in there too. Then it uses the rule specified earlier by Gene. You can download it and look at it and read Gene's specification in his last message here.

My spec was never intended to be bullet-proof, just adequate for a very basic but non-trivial grid. "non-trivial" means that it shows working and workable implementation some things of importance to me.

     I intend that numeric values be entered for numeric columns.

Really, this is a simple example. Yes, I would have input masks in app code. Yes, I would have many other things as well. This is not app code.

Anyone thinking that this code would be of use in a real app is overthinking the situation. Run and scream after looking at the code if you want. Print out a copy of the code, and burn it. Whatever you want.

     Thanks for you time, Frank and anyone else who has contributed.

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko