On 14/01/2019 07:27 PM, Gene Wirchenko wrote:
At 06:06 2019-01-10, Frank Cazabon <frank.caza...@gmail.com> wrote:
Gene, I've knocked up a quick demo which I hope meets your requirements and emailed you the link to the download on google drive.

     I was beat last week, and did not get to it.  I have a couple days off (today and tomorrow) and am digging into it. Preliminary:

     I should have stated code only.  Never mind.  Converting it to code only will help me learn.  <BEG>

You did state code only but as I said in my email, I think using code only in VFP doesn't make the best use of the tool and you may be able to find something to convert it if you really want to. To each his own.

     I do not use database containers.  I hope this does not break your solution.  I was concerned because of the validation rules, but this, at least, does not appear to be an issue.

The database container is not important to the solution. FWIW I don't use dbfs any more as sql server and other databases are so much more powerful and stable.

     Focus should be set on a control in the grid at the start.   I assume that there is a simple statement to do that.

Yes, just setfocus() to the column in the grid.

     Validation of each column is not done at the start of row-level validation.  This is important.  What if the data displayed is invalid?  I may be able to get this myself.

You gave very limited specs, I assumed that the data can only be entered using this screen so it is impossible to get invalid data in :)

You can move the individual column validations from the textbox.valid() and put them in their own methods so you can call them from multiple places and call when you see fit.

     I have not done much yet, but this looks as if it works.  So how did I miss it?  I think bad documentation is to blame, but while converting it to code, I ought to find out.  I think I probably got snookered by Before/AfterRowColChange().

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko