Yes, I use stored procs for heavy lifting that I don't want to bring across the wire.  "Just give me the final (aggregated) dataset."

On 7/24/2020 9:23 AM, Stephen Russell wrote:
I'll bite. If you don't use sprocs for standard CRUD operations, why do you
need them?  Do you work with a great deal of 4th normal data that the
joining of the same tables over and over is easier in a sproc?  Or do you
have a process like EOM where you are doing repetitive things to data
tables?  Maybe it is good for dealing with data in separate
systems/environments that allow you to get warehousing data from WHS and
then issue pick tickets and truck lists to move it all?

My most used sproc gets shipping data from the ERP and pull specifications
from of BOM system for each item, and then averages metrics from our test
system by item by lot giving the customer a Certificate of Analysis.  I
pull AD data to determine who are the managers at that plant for every
truckload we ship.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 9:27 PM MB Software Solutions, LLC <