Hi Paul

We have basically the same layout, I have note + desktop, both
with WinXP_Pro, a router and a cable modem.
I am not using wireless connection, but the other day a third note
was connected with no problem, via wireless.

Try using only the note, and reinstall the programs that do not work.
If they work, start from there...
If they don't, sorry, reinstall windows from scratch. When I couldn't
access the note, I did that and now everything is ok.

HTH, Eurico.