Planting stuff in someone's garden in the hope that it blossoms into
something positive is not new and the use of bloggers will not be the
last effort in this vein.

What is being discussed here is quite simply, trust.  Trust is one of
those things like respect, love, and software documentation that is
extremely difficult to create and extremely easy to destroy.

Philosophers have spent lifetimes trying to analyze this phenomenon to
no avail.  I don't think we are going to do better in this venue.

Just do the right thing (whatever your gut tells you) and hope for the
best.

B+
HALinNY