Ed Leafe wrote:
>       I wasn't sure if this was [OT] or [NF], but just to be safe...
>
>       Watch this text-only video, and then re-consider the short-sighted
> fools who think that we should be training our school kids on
> PowerPoint and Windows and Excel.
>
> http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift
>
>       We should be teaching them how to think, and how to solve problems.
> Not how to use tools that, if not already obsolete, will be obsolete
> soon enough.

Ed,

When I went to school in the early 90s (Penn State Univ.), they taught
us on Fortran and Pascal.  Those were obsolete then, but the idea was to
teach us logic and concepts and how to solve problems.  So they were
doing what you're saying.  I guess the majority of schools are NOT
taking approach anymore?