I do this pretty regularly via automation with relatively large amounts
of text (for Excel) in a cell. The data type in SQL I use is text. Maybe
there are some odd control characters in the data you are trying to grab?

At what point do you get the buffer size error?

--
Richard Kaye
Vice President

For the fastest response time, please send your support
queries to:

Technical Support - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Australian Support - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet Support - [EMAIL PROTECTED]