I think it really due to two other issues:

1) CompUSA lost focus and began to get into more consumer electronics (TVs)
as opposed to remaining in their niche,

2) with so much invested by Mexican investors recently (over $2 billion),
and the US Dollar slipping against pretty much every significant currency
(including the Mexican Peso!), the investors' capital investment would have
lost money even if CompUSA was nominally profitable.

I think it is more a matter of these particular Mexican investors pulling
out of a US investment due to currency devaluation when it is held in US $,
plus the relatively poor performance of CompUSA to boot.  I do not foresee
the US $ becoming stronger as long as we have a mad man at the helm
continuing to mortgage our great-grandchildrens' futures for the self
acclaimed Greater Good with his insane swipe at Iraq that serves no real
purpose than to line the pockets of the various corporations that profit
from the war.  Further, the Chinese hold a lot of US securities, government
and private, and at some point they too will tire of the slipping US $
valuation and dump those securities.  You think gasoline and food is
expensive now?  Just wait until that piper gets paid!  CompUSA is just the
first of several such bailing foreign investors to come, IMHO...

Gil