Michael,

>   I know they try to give you virtually nothing for your
> trade-ins as a
> rule, but the blue-book values for Fords show that they really hold
> value far less than other cars, like Toyotas, as a rule.

I buy a car for the total cost of ownership. We intend to drive it right
into the ground. We've had cars and trucks with over 200K miles on them by
the time we sold them, still running great.

IMO, you buy a good car new, drive it for at least 100K miles, service it
religiously, and it will generally take good care of you. When you do those
things the resale value is irrelevant. I'll get all my money out and then
some.

$14K for something I can drive at least 100K miles with very little expense
is a great buy, IMO. And at Ford's 1.9% financing offer at the time, how
could we have gone wrong?

I would have liked to keep my 1999 Mustang Cobra convertible, but such is
life.

Kristyne McDaniel
http://www.shamrocktrails.com/legal/
http://www.mcstyles.com/

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't.... you are right.
 -- Henry Ford