> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:53:56 -0500
> From: Ed Leafe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: VFP9

> but it still ignores the fact
> that it is cowardly and annoying for them to insist that this isn't a
> bug.

Except that I think you've put more thought into the resolution than
the resolver of the bug did.  It's not unreasonable to argue that it
is indeed a bug; I'm with you there.  I also don't think it
unreasonable to argue that the function that is called was originally
designed to handle < 256 chars, semantically making it "by design".
It's not like there was an hour-long meeting about this one, complete
with debates on how to spin this PR disaster; more like five minutes
in triage (tops), and then "next bug, please".

In the end, the outcome is the same: it's not going to get fixed, and
there is a reasonable (to me) workaround.

--
Mike Stewart