On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Vince Teachout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-
> Why?  He'd used parables and preaching to much greater success.  I think
> it was simply a case of a long day, and a "That's all I can stand, I
> can't STANDS no more!" moment.
--------------------------

Sorry but the Son of God doesn't get excuses.

>> I'll have to question you on the sword reference.  What passage are
>> you referencing?
>>
> Probably either to  Matthew:
>  10:34: "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to
> send peace, but a sword."

Out of context it sounds bad, but when you add back in most of context:
35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter
against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
36 and a man's foes will be those of his own household. 37 He who
loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who
loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and he who
does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 He who
finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for my sake
will find it. 40 "He who receives you receives me, and he who receives
me receives him who sent me.

You see that he is saying that I am going to CHANGE the way things
are.  39 & 40 give us the glimpse of what Jesus is intending.  If we
get the concept we should share it with others.

> Or to Luke:
> 22:35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip,
> and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
>
> 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him
> take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him
> sell his garment, and buy one.

This is a heads up to the 12, make that 11.  It was easy for you while
I have been here but after I leave things are going to change.  Be
prepared for a different crowd because you disciples are going to
cause a ruckus where ever you go and people will want to kill you.

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Production Systems Programmer

901.246-0159