Stephen Russell wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Vince Teachout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> -
>
>> Why?  He'd used parables and preaching to much greater success.  I think
>> it was simply a case of a long day, and a "That's all I can stand, I
>> can't STANDS no more!" moment.
>>
> --------------------------
>
> Sorry but the Son of God doesn't get excuses.

You tell him that.  I'll wait here and hold your hat.

>>> I'll have to question you on the sword reference.  What passage are
>>> you referencing?
>>>

>> Probably either to  Matthew:
>>  10:34: "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to
>> send peace, but a sword."

> Out of context it sounds bad,

I simply was answering your question literally.  Those are the only 2
sword references spoken by Jesus in the Gospel, so it had to be one or
both of them.

(I agree with your interpretation, btw - in fact, I don't think there is
any other reasonable interpretation.)